CPRIT is committed to making its website accessible to all users. CPRIT welcomes comments and suggestions about ways through which it may improve the accessibility of the CPRIT website.
If the format of any material on the CPRIT website interferes with an individual’s ability to access information using assistive technology, please contact the CPRIT webmaster and put “Regarding Accessibility” in the subject line, or by contacting our Accessibility Coordinator, Shannon Cusick, at 512-739-6419. Please indicate the nature of the accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the Web address of the requested material, and the requestor’s contact information. Every attempt will be made to resolve the problem, however, due to technological resource limitations, CPRIT may be unable to address all issues.
Privacy and Security
CPRIT values the privacy and security of information about visitors to the CPRIT website. This statement provides information about the information CPRIT website collects and how it is used.
CPRIT uses information that is automatically entered into the CPRIT web server log, including the IP address of the computer accessing the information, the type of browser used, the referring page/site that brought the visitor to the CPRIT site, the date and time of the visitor’s session, and the pages that are viewed. This information is used by CPRIT for internal reporting purposes only.
CPRIT does not collect any personally identifiable information, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses, unless an individual chooses to provide such information, for instance, as part of an application for CPRIT research or prevention grant funding, or to subscribe to CPRIT list serves.
CPRIT does not market the information that it collects to third parties.
The information that CPRIT collects will be retained and maintained as required by Texas records retention laws (Government Code Section 441.180 et.seq.) and rules. Different types of information are required to be kept for different periods of time.
The information that CPRIT collects will not be disclosed to third parties unless CPRIT receives a request pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act and CPRIT is required to disclose the information.
With certain exceptions, an individual is entitled on request to be informed about the information that CPRIT collects about the individual. Under section 552.021 and 552.023 of the Government Code, the individual is also entitled to receive and review this information. Under Section 559.004 of the Government Code, an individual is entitled to have CPRIT correct any incorrect information about the individual in CPRIT’s possession.
All Web-based forms that collect transaction payment or personally identifiable information are encrypted using appropriate privacy and security safeguards such as a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) session or equivalent technology.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on the CPRIT website are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Texas Penal Code Chapters 33 (Computer Crimes) or 33A (Telecommunications Crimes).
CPRIT reserves the right to modify its privacy and security policy at any time. For questions about the CPRIT privacy and security policy, please contact CPRIT via email or call 512-739-6419.
Links to the CPRIT Website
Advance permission to link to CPRIT's website(s) is not necessary; however, be aware that CPRIT subpages may change at any time without notice. Entities and individuals linking to the CPRIT website must continuously verify links to our subpages.
Entities and individuals linking to the CPRIT website shall not capture CPRIT pages within frames, present CPRIT content as its own, or otherwise misrepresent CPRIT content. Furthermore, they shall not misinform users about the origin or ownership of CPRIT content. Certain information on the CPRIT website may be trademarked, service-marked, or otherwise protected as intellectual property. Protected intellectual property must be used in accordance with state and federal laws and must reflect the proper ownership of the intellectual property.
Any link to the CPRIT website should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to CPRIT unencumbered.
The "Back" button should return the visitor to original site if the visitor wishes to back out.
Links from the CPRIT Website
This section outlines the criteria and requirements that external websites must meet to have a link on the CPRIT website. It also details how links are accepted and removed from the CPRIT website.
CPRIT reserves the right to link to external websites that it feels would provide a service or otherwise be of value to constituents.
CPRIT links to federal, state, and local government websites that provide information and services of benefit to Texas citizens, Texas local government, and Texas state agencies. At its discretion, CPRIT will consider link requests to non-governmental websites that contain information and/or services that further the purpose of CPRIT.
Every link request must undergo review to determine its relevance and appropriateness to the purpose of CPRIT. Links are approved for CPRIT based on the following criteria:
- The external website corresponds with the purpose of CPRIT.
- The site's content is appropriate with respect to the purpose of CPRIT.
- The site does not
- exhibit hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- advocate or promote the use of alcohol, tobacco, or currently illegal substances;
- belong to or support a political affiliation; or
- further the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office.
CPRIT reserves the right to deny links if it determines that a website contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the purpose of CPRIT, or does not meet one or more of the criteria set forth above.
- Email link requests to CPRIT webmaster indicating "Link Request" in the subject line. Each link request should address how the site meets the acceptance criteria outlined above.
- The link request will be reviewed against the acceptance criteria set forth above. The decision of the CPRIT General Counsel is final as to whether the requesting site may have a link from CPRIT.
- Approved sites must comply with the following conditions for link maintenance and may be required to enter into a written linking agreement with CPRIT.
Conditions for link maintenance
To give superior customer service to citizens and businesses accessing governmental information and services through CPRIT, we require that external websites linked from CPRIT meet the following conditions:
- The external site must provide the user with access to an email address and/or a customer service telephone number so that users may contact the site if there are problems with format, accuracy, timeliness, or payment processing.
- Linked sites should not excessively burden the CPRIT customer support system. If the site excessively burdens the CPRIT customer support system, CPRIT has discretion to take the linked site off of the CPRIT website.
- When the user clicks on the external website link, he/she must have easy access back to CPRIT. One of two options can accomplish this:
- A link to CPRIT can be established on the external website's main page.
- The "Back" button returns the user to CPRIT.
- Linked sites must have a privacy and security policy accessible from their home page informing the user of what information is collected, how it is collected, and how it is used. CPRIT encourages linked sites to comply with industry-accepted accessibility standards to ensure that persons with disabilities may access these sites.
- Linked sites must notify CPRIT if the site to which CPRIT links becomes inaccurate or inactive.
CPRIT reserves the right to remove links if it determines that a website contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the purpose of CPRIT, or does not meet one or more of the criteria set forth above.
Links from CPRIT will be reviewed regularly and may be removed for the following reasons:
The decision of the CPRIT General Counsel is final as to whether a link is to be removed from CPRIT.
- The link no longer points to the original information or resource to which it was intended to point.
- The website pointed to by the link contains inaccurate or misleading information or has changed such that it is no longer in compliance with the acceptance criteria.
- The website pointed to by the link violates the conditions for link maintenance.
- Access to the information has become difficult due to non-standard formatting, lengthy download times, or intrusive advertising.
- The link is permanently unreachable or remains unavailable for a lengthy period.
- The external website fails to comply with the written linking agreement, if any.
For questions and concerns regarding the linking policy, email us.